LOVE NOW exclusive: Five Hot Nail Colours For Winter WeddingS PLUS Top Tips For DIY Manicures from SoNailicious
Some brides will stick to their usual French manicure, a classic sheer nude or pearly pink for their special day. But if you want to keep up with the latest trend and your wedding is fast approaching this winter season, I’ve got you covered. Because, let’s face it, if you’re going to be showing off the latest addition to your ring finger, then you’re going to want the latest nail trend to match.
So, here’s what you need to know: firstly, long square nails are out. Round blunt nails are in. It’s all about chic sophistication. When it comes to nail colour, opt for a creamy beige, classic red, rich burgundy, shimmery navy, or matte grey. Here’s what I’m loving now:
So, let’s consider your cool weather colours covered! But, if you’re really going to rock that stunning red hue, you’re going to have to perfect your DIY mani. When it comes to mastering the at-home manicure, who else would know best but one of the world’s leading nail art bloggers? Celebrity nail artist and founder of SoNailicious.com, Maria Vlezko’s work has been bragged about by fashion royalty including Valentino and Marc Jacobs, and she has collaborated with major nail brands such as Mint Polish, Ulta 3, Sea Siren Cosmetics and a few others. As a one-woman show, Maria has single-handedly created worldwide trends that have reached as far as Sweden and USA and is becoming Australia’s leading nail art influencer.
Maria Vlezko’s Top Tips For DIY Manicures:
- Don’t rush. Take your time when doing your nails, make sure each layer dries properly before you apply the next one.
- Use a good quality base coat. A good base coat will protect your nails, strengthen them and make your manicure last longer.
- Clean up. Use a angled nail art brush (or eye brow makeup brush) soaked in acetone to clean up around cuticles, so your manicure looks absolutely flawless.
- Use a good quality top coat. Always, ALWAYS finish your manicure with a great quality top coat to get that glossy salon like look. Plus, a good top coat will speed up the drying process and make your manicure last longer.
- Use a quick dry drops. They will help to dry your manicure completely in just 5-10 minutes.
Leave a Reply